e-Sahulat is a low cost e-services platform designed to carry out transactions through an electronic point of sale (e-PoS). e-Sahulat services are franchised one easy terms to small entrepreneurs. It is operated on prepaid model, i.e. the franchisee receives a credit equal to his deposit, and the credit when fully utilized can be recharged through designated banks. The franchisee earns a commission on each transaction and there is no limit on the number of transactions.
* CNIC Holder
* Matric with Computer Literacy
* Must have business aptitude
* Should be able to manage suitable place in highly dense populated area
* Preferably small entrepreneur
* With no default and police history
NADRA select their franchisees through a transparent system and selection process is made public through print media. e-Sahulat Phase-I was advertized in February 2008 and Phase-II in April 2009. The selection process comprises of following stages:-
* Receipt of application forms
* Short listing of applications by close scrutiny
* Site survey from business potential point of view
* Interview of franchisees
* Award of license to selected franchisees
The introduction of e-Sahulat has introduced online transactions for general public. It has changed the bill payment culture besides offering following advantages to public as well as service providers: -
* It reduces traffic at bank counters and utility companies facilitate general public to make bill payments regardless of the banking hours.
* Consumer can buy Mobile Card, Internet Card & Calling Card Pin Codes.
* It has improved timely receipt of consumer payments through on line processing and easy reconciliation of all transactions through software for utility/service companies.
* Organizations involved in collection of their receivables from geographically dispersed locations can use this facility as it decreases reconciliation costs for user companies.
* It has alleviated the bill payment problems of rural areas and for the public living in densely populated especially in low income group areas, thus has reduced service divide.
* Franchisee can earn a livelihood in a dignified manner with the minimum investment.
* Bills can be paid country wide irrespective of utility company’s location 24/7.
* Citizen Verification System is available where particulars of citizens can be authenticated under given terms and condition.
Enabling public to get all facilities through one window and allowing multiple bill payments from the same location free of cost, service providers especially utility companies have been brought on board on e-Sahulat platform. Detail is as under:-
* Islamabad Electric Supply Company (IESCO)
* Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO)
* Faislabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO)
* Hyderabad Electric Supply Company (HESCO)
* Peshawar Electric Supply Company (PESCO)
* Quetta Electric Supply Company (QESCO)
* Gujranwala Electric Power Company (GEPCO)
* Multan Electric Power Company (MEPCO)
* Karachi Electric Supply Company (KESC)
* Sui Northern Gas Pipe Line (SNGPL)
* Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGV)
* Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL)
* Special Communication Organization (SCO)
Cell Phone Post Paid Bills
* Karachi Water & Sewerage Board (KWSB)
* Lahore WASA (LWASA)
* Rawalpindi WASA (RWASA)
* Multan (MWASA)
* Baluchistan WASA (BWASA)
Long Distance Calling Cards (LDIs)
- Call Mate
- World Call
The requirement of identification document for evidentiary purposes is incomplete without proper verification mechanism. Having developed the Multi-Biometric National Identity Card for Pakistan backed up by the large centralized national database int eh world, NADRA has introduces a very easy-to use & access tool for verification of citizens in the country named as Verisys. To verify the issued CNIC and avoid any fraudulent activities NADRA launched Verisys, e3hiehc is an authentication process to provide online verifications of Pakistani citizens to the government, private and corporate sectors for bringing in transparency, validation, elimination of fraud & forgery. This is web-based real-time activity displaying the front and rear image of the CNIC with added hidden information for verifications. Using NADRA’s sting network infrastructure, a reliable and efficient mode of connectivity is provided to clients even in the remotest areas of Pakistan.
You can verify CNIC of any individual as per rules to verify the authenticity of a CNIC. This facility helps in verifying the CNICs of other particies with their consent while carrying of financial transactions, moveable and immovable property related transactions, while employing people etc.
- Additional 3000 outlets planned for phase-II (being launched in April)
- 50 “e-Sahulat Business Centers” planned for major cities
- e-ticketing of Pak Railway
- Money transfer
- Bring ISPs on board