The loan amount will cover educational fee, boarding charges and textbook expenses, but will not cover meals. Student will be required to repay the loan amount in a maximum of ten years starting for the date of loan disbursement. First loan installment will start one year after completion of education for which the loan was obtained or one year after getting first job, whichever comes earlier.
Student should already have secured admission in any of 71 approved colleges or universities (PDF, 93KB) in Sindh, Punjab, NWFP, Balochistan, Islamabad, Azad Kashmir and Northern Areas. It is is required the student should have received 70% or more marks in last public examination. There is also age restriction for applying for this interest free educational loan program.
List of approved subjects for study is:
- Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology
- Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Other Natural Sciences
- DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)
- Computer Science/Information, System and Technology including hardware.
- Economics, Statistics and Econometrics
- Business Management Sciences
Last date to submit application is February 27, 2010. Please share this news with any student who might be in need of financial help.link