1. NADRA e-Sahulat
NADRA e-Sahulat is designed to enhance services-outreach for the all the citizens particularly of underprivileged areas to bring faster market access hrough an established channel by offering technology and business opportunities in rural areas as well as in cities. “NADRA e- Sahulat” will enable all concerned to operate as a Franchisee and provide payment services through their own personal computers. The applicant fitting NADRA’s Franchisee criteria will become operational after paying a nominal license fees, and will enhance their income via immediate commissions on transactions processed.
2. Purpose. Out-sourcing its kiosk operations to increase its spread to the remote and under privileged communities. NADRA’s staff will also be eligible.
NADRA is franchising kiosk with a view to: -
a. Increase the service-outreach nationwide.
b. Provide a self employment opportunity for all concerned to start business with minimal capital investment.
c. Provide a value addition to businessmen by allowing them to earn suitable and immediate income through e-Sahulat.
d. Provide a single platform to companies with numerous outlets by enabling their head office to pay their bills through their head offices.
3. Business Model
a. Franchise of kiosk is being offered to every one. They will be offered prepaid manual kiosk that can be operated from their current businesses, shops and any other business site of their choice which is not in conflict with NADRA’s policies and business practices. This scheme is being offered for all the cities and towns of Pakistan where dialup or WLL or similar telecommunication technology is available.
b. NADRA selected employees will act as sales executives and they will be given commission of Rs.1000 against commissioning of each license.
c. To run Kiosk Franchise in a business like manner. Role and responsibilities of Franchisee and Franchiser are enumerated below:-
(a) Acquisition of shop and its subsequent maintenance.
(b) Manage day-to-day operations.
(c) Provision and maintenance of last mile media connectivity.
(d) Ensure customer care and convenience
(e) Undertake local publicity and material required to attract customers.
(f) Franchisee will charge his prepaid account by depositing cash of his own choice to any specified NADRA Swift Registration Centers & designated banks and will carry transactions till the usage of that credit. Franchisees will recharge their credit to continue the operation.
(g) Franchisee will arrange a standard P4 computer.
(a) Provision of kiosk software
(b) Ensuring backend support including Software and Networking support.
(c) Training of Franchise personnel
(d) Advertisement and promotional support of e-kiosk
(e) Value addition by bringing additional products on board.
(f) Customer Care
(g) Complaint handling / Management
(h) Commission management and Account Reconciliation
4. Eligibility Eligibility criteria are as under:-
a. Unemployed Youth and small businessmen can apply
(1) Matric with computer literacy
(2) Both male / female are eligible
(3) Should be CNIC holder.
(4) Must have business aptitude.
(5) Should be able to manage suitable place in highly dense populated area.
5. Financial Requirements
a. Franchise license will be awarded against license fees of Rs.20, 000
6. Product Available at Kiosk
a. Products on Board
(1) Collection of utility bills.
(2) Dispensing pins for scratch cards (cell phones, calling cards).
(3) On line verification (verisys)
b. Revenue Sharing Structure. Franchisees will be paid following charges for the service being rendered: -
(1) Utility/Post paid bills - Rs. 5.00 per transaction
(2) Mobile phone & WLL cards - 3% of face value
(3) Calling Cards - 5% of face value
(4) Internet cards - 10% of face value
(5) Online verification - Rs. 10.00 per transaction
(6) Processing of CNIC - Rs.10.00 per application
(7) New customer enrollment - Rs.0.50 per enrollment
(8) Commission on new products will be decided by franchiser
7. Selection Criteria
a. Site to be located in densely populated area.
b. Site should be centrally located in the small market areas with high footage and traffic.
c. Site should be easily accessible to the residents particularly where banks are not available.
d. Shop/store owners should earmark a separate place for the customers.
e. Franchisee can run a suitable business without comprising kiosk image.
f. Proposed site should serve minimum 3-4k housing units and be suitably located.
g. Selected party must have the potential to run operations as per specified time durations i.e. 12 hours a day.
h. Site should be secure and safe.
j. NADRA will formally approve the proposed site keeping in view the commercial consideration.
k. Single franchisee can opt for more than one outlet against license of Rs.20000/- each.
8. Conclusion. Franchising of NADRA-e-Sahulat is a process to increase the payment service-outreach by creating a public - private partnership utilizing available and low cost technologies. In addition, creating self employment opportunity will empower all variety of businessmen and enabled set a path for rapid development of rural and under-serviced population.